Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Dream...

I have a dream (who doesn’t have by the way?). It is something that I always have in mind and heart. And I always wish that I were able to realize this "want" one day.

I love to bake. Any sorts of food that requires baking, be it tarts, cookies, bread but most of all, I love to bake cakes. How I wish when I filled up UPU form way back in 1996, I had applied for culinary course or pastry arts! But back then I was so determined to be an engineer (but end up in IT field. Long story anyway).

I had to slow down my baking adventure because after I got married, we rented a pigeon hole apartment and we don’t own so many things in the house. Once we moved to our own house, I don’t really bake coz I was pregnant with 2nd baby. Once the baby was born, had to forgo the hobby, as I was breastfeed and busy with the house chores and kids. But I did join few classes with friends who share the same hobby but then it was all slow progress.

Now as my kids grow up, I have more time for myself so I am back to my feet and here I am, putting all my mental and physical in full gear and I am in full swing to start things all over again. I’ll be attending a course in cake baking/decorating with ICCA (international center for cake artistry) in Wilton Course 1. I had to complete all 1-2-3 courses and had to have experience in baking/decorating cakes for friends and family if I were to be a certified as Wilton method instructor. Yes, I dreamed of become one. But for now, had to concentrate on the first course and hope it will smooth sailing one. I hope it worth the investment that I put in. I had to cut my budget and plan my money wisely, as the courses are not cheap.

Currently, I did my own small home enterprise where I bake and sell cakes whenever I received orders and mainly my orders come from my friends. I don’t really have time to do the business all out as I am still attached the bank that I’m working with now. I don’t really make good money out of the small home enterprise but I’m happy to do that because it actually helps me improve myself in baking and cake decorating (as the saying goes "practice make perfect").

I hope after I have all the experience and knowledge, I plan to go to any enterpreunership courses so that I can learn more on business tips and tricks. Who knows one day I’m not only a certified instructor but I own my bakery shop/café on day.

As for now, am keeping my finger crossed, close my eyes to shopping temptations (need to save money remember?) and had my mind set to go all the way up the hill. I may be fall once a while as I’m climbing to the place that I wish to be, but hopefully, I will make myself way up one day. It’s ok if the progress is slow.. But slow is better than not moving at all. May Allah help me through it all.. Amin..